ompb

He keeps on rollin'...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Can you smell the smell?

It's been about a week since I started sleeping with everyone upstairs and I am doing great!  I love it, really, being with everyone else.  I sleep on the floor to one side of the bed, Lillian sleeps in her nest on the other side of the bed and Maggie usually sleeps with Mama Al.  Sometimes, she even sleeps under the covers - I've seen her do it!  I can't get up on the bed, but that's okay.  My Pawrriffic Bed is up there and it's nice and warm.  I just don't want to feel alone. That said, I'm not a big snuggler, but I sure don't like being away from my people.


Mama Al told me the other day that I don't stink anymore.  I guess that's a good thing.  I've only had the one spritz bath, so she thinks it's probably my diet and supplements.  I take a 1000mg fish oil every day and also something called Glycoflex.  Everyone, even the cats, likes the Glycoflex...Sam nearly took Mama Al's finger off to get one of those chews the other day!  I have a couple of cups of Orijen Senior food for dinner every day.  So we think the moral of the story is that if you eat well, you smell better.  It kind of makes sense.  It's not to say that I'm completely without a smell, but I don't stink like I did when I lived with Mama Marisa...my system probably hadn't had enough time to switch from the lower quality food I was getting in the shelter and whatever I was scavenging prior to that.  Mama Marisa started me on Orijen and my supplements, so that's why I smell better now.  


So that's the update for today...I'm going to take a nap in the sun now...I'll catch up with you nice people later, okay?
Cheers!
 - h

1 comment:

  1. yup - a good diet works wonders. You are the luckiest guy around, Henry.

    ReplyDelete