ompb

He keeps on rollin'...

Monday, August 15, 2011

Sadness

Mama went on a car ride with Maggie on Friday, but Maggie didn't come home with Mama.  Saturday morning, Mama and Auntie Val went on a car ride together and when they came back, they were both very sad.  They tried to explain it to me and Lillian, something about Maggie was really sick and she wasn't going to get better no matter what they did.  Mama cries a lot now.  She's wishing she had spent more time with all of us this summer and worrying that Maggie was sick longer than just a week.  I try to cheer her up with my patented fall-on-the-floor-and-roll-on-my-back routine, and that works sometimes.  I also try to remind her that we had lots of nice days laying in the sun outside.  I think she needs to lighten up a little, but I'm not sure she's ready.


Lillian doesn't know what to do either - she keeps looking around the house.  She even came to sit down on me this morning, something she always did to Maggie, but never with me.  I didn't mind.  I just sat there.  Anyway, we're a pack of two now...and I'm not getting any younger, though you'd never know it to look at me.  Mama changed my Dogbook profile picture the other day because I don't look like I did when they first rescued me.  I look like a real dog now.  


Well, I gotta get a nap on here...
Cheers, 
H

1 comment:

  1. I came in to check on you, Henry, and I realized I hadn't seen this post.

    I'm so sorry for you, for your mama and your Auntie Val.

    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete