ompb

He keeps on rollin'...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Operation Henry Recon a Success!

I'm sorry I couldn't update you earlier - Sunday I got transported from Mama Marisa's house in Utica, NY all the way to Kalamazoo, MI where I am living now, but there was an ice storm that knocked out the power to my new home and I couldn't write before now.  Auntie Patricia, picked me up from Mama Marisa and then we went to pick up Auntie Meg, and Auntie Tracy who were kind enough to ride along from Buffalo to keep us company!  Auntie Patrica baked me some tasty treats for the road and Auntie Meg gave me a new Nylabone.  Auntie Tracy let me sit in her lap all the way to Erie, PA, which was very nice of  her because I still have my man junk and because I have terrible breath.  Not my fault, nobody's ever cared for my teeth before...just sayin'...


Of course, I had no idea where we were going, all I knew was that I left Mama Marisa and I didn't understand why.  That made me kind of sad.  She's so very nice.  I really love her.  


We had to wait in the parking lot of the McDonald's in Erie for a little while and then two new ladies came to say hi.  Everyone was so excited because they kept saying "There's your new Mama!"  It's too bad I'm deaf and can't hear them, but I could feel that everybody was happy and excited, so that was good.  I had to wait a little while longer because all the humans had to eat something.  Then they came out and I pottied and they put me in a new car with two new people.  They were both very nice, but I had no idea where we were going.  I cried for a little bit and then settled down.  We had to drive through some really crappy weather, but my new Mama is a good driver and her friend Lissa was a very helpful passenger.  We drove all the way to Michigan, the last hour in an ice storm!  I could tell my new Mama was pretty stressed out, but wow, she's quite a good driver!


Right after we got to my new house, the power went out and it was really late.  I was pretty confused, so I cried for about half an hour in my crate before I decided it would all be okay.  We still had no power in the house on Monday and Mama Al stayed home most of the day with us, my sisters and brother and me.  There are two kitties who live here and two other girl dogs.  One of the dogs, the white one, is a little nervous, but she's very chill.  I haven't met the other one yet.  The man cat hissed at me, but that's because I am a knucklehead.  We went to the vet in the afternoon on Monday and she's a really nice lady.  She gives lots of treats.  I got a shot and weighed and I weigh 45lb.  I'm putting on weight!  Then we went for a drive in the car again so Mama Al could juice up her cell phone.  I got to visit two different pet stores!  Everyone thought I was cute.  Then we went home and Mama Al started a fire in the wood stove to keep us all warm.  She tries so hard.


The heat finally went on early Tuesday morning and I think that made Mama Al feel a lot better.  She had to leave us to go to work and as much as I don't like my crate that much, I'm grateful because I can sleep through most anything.  Tuesday was a much better day for all of us.  


This morning, I gave Mama Al some mid-high tail wags - I think I'm starting to feel a little better.  I take my antibiotics and I had a nice breakfast and I think things are going to be fine here...
cheers, 
h

3 comments:

  1. things are going to be alright, henry. you're where you belong now.

    welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. henry, i don't think you've realized this just yet, but what you've found is forever, and it's a very awesome place to be <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Henry, you give me happy tears. They're sort of like tail wags for people. Really big happy tail wags. Welcome home, Henry. I'm so very glad I got to meet your and your awesome forever mom.

    ReplyDelete